Saturday, October 07, 2006

It Feels Like Fall

Call me strange, but I love waking up to cool mornings, slightly overcast. It's southern California. Rarely does the overcast hang around for very long. In fact the sun has already broken through. My studio is still slightly chilly since I have a huge camphor tree which casts a perpetual shadow over my home. I do love this tree. I suppose I have to. It's the largest tree on my block. I don't know if I should be happy about that or not. It's really very lovely except twice a year the roots decide to wrap themselves around my underground pipes and cause havoc. But I've learned to live with that. Really, I'm just so happy to be home this morning. I've had a very hectic work week. Long days, product intensive. I work in the garment industry. I left the creative/ production aspect of this industry behind a few years ago for less stressful work. But now I deal with end product and people more. Hmmmm.... a slight stress factor there. Enough blithering! It's good to be home and turn my attention to what I really love. My fiber collection and projects at hand.

Recently I've only worked on smaller projects, less complicated. Hopefully I'll really organize things today and start some of the tops or shawls I've been planning. In the meantime, here are a couple of things I finished recently.

The Suri Dream scarf in the Woodlands shade. Both the yarn and the pattern are from Knitpicks. Loved this project. It only took a couple of hours, but I was real anxious to finish so I knit rather obsessivly.




I completed the cable scarf and hat. This is for a friend of my niece. I hope she likes it. Knit in Wool-Ease. (No pic. Blogger just won't let it happen)

Finally, a hat, knit mostly because I was intrigued with the motif and wanted to try it since Barbara Walker's book, Charted Knitting Designs, states that this design uses "almost every kind of knitting operation... in a twist-stitch design". Not to mention I know people who'd love to wear this. I'm pleased with the results.

I started a diagonal scarf with my yummy Fleece Artist washable merino last night. Mmmmmmm. I love working with this yarn. (No pic here either. I'll try again later.)

No comments: