Tuesday, October 31, 2006

October 31st

It's the last day of October. Halloween. The kids are out trick or treating as I type. Not mine. Luckily, my daughter only does the costume thing for the odd party here and there. And I don't have to make her costumes anymore. She does that herself. Whew! Before I know it, it'll be Thanksgiving, then Christmas then Happy New Year! This year literally flew past me.

Back to current events. I was working on these very fun to knit and very lovely Toe Warmers. But that came to a halt when I received an order for my Skully Scarf. Just a little something I created last year, by request. Through our winter, which is by no means severe, the scarf was ordered and sold at a local store, Necromance, on Melrose Avenue. I had all but forgotten about this little gem. Now I have to burn the midnight oil and knit up several for the store. A little excitement was added to the equation when I received an order for a store in Japan. Can you believe my scarf will be sold and worn in Japan? I'm thrilled.

So I present my little gems, Toe Warmers and Skully in progress.












Good ole Blogger wouldn't let me post a picture of the completed scarf. I may try again later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congratulations. The scarf looks great so far - would love to see it completed (blogger is SUCH a pain when it comes to uploading). x

Stacey said...

Toe warmers look so cozy! And skully! How neat!!!!!

Spinner said...

Congratulations! That is VERY exciting about your skully scarf. And those toe warmers are darling. Might add a pair of those to my Christmas knitting list.