Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ahhhh.... Inspiration


Or the need for motivation. Or maybe I just like a challenge. I had no idea what I would be getting myself into when I first saw the Kusha Kusha scarf from Habu at BDKs. But I knew I had to knit one. After much thought, questioning whether I needed to knit "thread" or not, I jumped in. Weighing all of the lovely color choices, I finally settled on all black. Big surprise. My kit arrived. The shock of how fine the "yarn" is eventually wore off and I started my scarf. As I knit, I keep thinking what a wonderful yarn the silk stainless steel is. I'm envisioning a little shorty jacket next. But I better finish this scarf before attempting anything else in this yarn. I'm loving this knit so much, I don't like putting it down. Though it took three cast ons to get it right, I have the feel now. This has to be the finest weight yarn I've ever worked with, even doubled. The scarf is about 5" long at the moment.
Knit with one strand each stainless steel silk and merino. Right now, with so many family/ personal issues still hovering over my head, this slow steady knit is perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this with a smile on my face and a lump in my throat.

I hope it provides the comfort and support you need during this difficult time. Use your craft to heal and get you through the worst (and best) times, like many have before you.

I'll be following this project with interest.

You should also check in here from time to time (actually, you really should JOIN us).