Monday, January 07, 2008

I'm So Excited I Could Just....


I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a project, so I had to show them off before I finished. Well wait, I can remember, my socks, of course! But back to my second Breakfast At Cafe' du Monde Gloves. Easier to knit than the first ones, but I think the yarn has made a world of difference. This time knit with Elann Peruvian Baby Silk.

Love the yarn, love these gloves. I just started the fingers tonight. Should have them done by tomorrow evening. Not that I'm rushing, but then again maybe I am, since they were promised to Nancy last March. Well, she knew I wasn't going to knit them right away, but I doubt she thought it would take this long either. They were intended to be a Christmas gift, blah, blah, blah... you know how that goes.

So everything else is on hold for the moment until I finish these gloves.



And I wanted to share pictures of my nephews boy wearing his Spongebob hat. How precious is this? He's adorable and a bundle of personality.





Until next time.... back to finger knitting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the gloves are so pretty. But - oh, the nephew! SO CUTE!!!! Did you make that hat???!

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie, i just think your such a talent. That Spongebob hat is amazing and lil' Aidan looks so DAMN CUTE in it! I want those gloves in black & pink! I also want a few socks (machine washable) before it becomes summer! Start knitting now and by Xmas you'll have a ton of wonderful, unique & one of kind gifts that i know that i will cherish forever! xoxo :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I want a pair of those gloves too! And Aidan, he is just TOOOOO cute!

Knitting Bandit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knitting Bandit said...

DO you think it would look okay if I wore the Sponge Bob hat with the Breakfast gloves? It'd be hard to chose one over the other.

Anonymous said...

sssoooooooooo cute... gladly my son is not suround me, he loves spongebob and i am sure if he would see this... i am just learning to knit.